Responsible gambling is important now more than ever because gambling is becoming prevalent in Australia. Gambling is a fun activity to do when you have the time and have a clear mind. But it can get addictive if you are doing it for the wrong reasons.
You can find many AU Casino sites on that internet which is great for online Aussie players. However, not all casinos are truthful and may be harmful to players by encouraging compulsive gambling.
In this guide, we detail how to gamble responsibly and find internet casinos that encourage responsible gambling.
Best Casinos for Responsible Gambling
What is Responsible Gambling?
Responsible gambling is a concept that comes from the belief that gambling is a form of entertainment. So, anyone that takes part in the activity should always be aware and understand the risks that come with it.
Ultimately, when you gamble responsibly, it means that you are gambling within what you can afford. So that you are not personally harmed by gambling. In other words, you need to think about winning as a bonus, and losses should always fall within your budgetary limit.
Playing at a casino site should be no different than any other hobby that you may partake in. Your main goal when you are gambling should be fun. When you understand the fun element of gambling, then you will be considered a responsible gambler.
If you are unable to gamble responsibly, then you may have a gambling problem.
How Do AU Casinos Encourage Responsible Gambling?
Many AU Casino sites are committed to ensuring that they uphold responsible gambling principles. It’s their responsibility to make sure that Aussie players have access to fair and safe gaming. This also means protecting players to the best of their ability from the consequences of gambling. Here are some of the actions a casino site is responsible for in Australia:
- Vulnerable players must be protected.
- Underage gambling must be prevented.
- Criminal behaviour and fraud should be prohibited.
- All players’ information must be kept private.
- Players’ payments must be paid within a reasonable time.
- Their marketing campaigns must be ethical and responsible.
- They should always ensure that they offer a fair gaming experience.
- Information about problem gambling and responsible gambling must be provided.
- The casino must have trained staff that can recognise when a player has a gambling problem.
What is Problem Gambling?
If you cannot stick to responsible gambling habits, you may be at risk for compulsive gambling. There are certain behaviours that casinos look for when they suspect that you have a gambling issue.
For example, if you make reckless and risky bets, the casino may keep a close watch on you. Also, you may display addictive behaviour that may be harmful to your personal life. If you suspect that you or a friend may have a problem with gambling, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you too preoccupied with gambling?
- Is your gambling a secret that your family members don’t know about?
- Do you often increase bet amounts when you want to increase the excitement?
- Have you tried to stop gambling but couldn’t?
- Do you become restless or irritable when you are not gambling?
- Have you used gambling to escape your life problems?
- Do you find yourself chasing losses?
- Have you lied about your gambling to your family members?
- Have you ever considered committing a crime to fund your gambling habit?
- Are you jeopardising your relationships with your gambling?
Responsible Gambling Tips
If you want to be more responsible when you are gambling online, then you can follow our tips below.
- If you are not enjoying the game you are playing, it’s best to move on to another game or stop playing.
- Before you start playing a game, make sure that you know the rules. This way, you may have a better strategy to playing and minimise your losses.
- Make sure you set a limit to your spending before you even start playing. When you have reached the limit, then you can stop and come back another time.
- Have a game plan. The first thing you need to think about is how long you will play and how much you are going to spend.
- Make sure that you are clear of mind when you are gambling. Sometimes emotions may get the better of us, especially if we are losing.
- When you are upset or depressed, don’t gamble because you may feel worse when you start losing.